Tuesday, March 10, 2009

While My Sister Sleeps by Barbara Delinsky

This book is about a woman whose sister is a competive runner and while out on a run one day suffers from a major heartattack and goes into a coma, and how the family deals with it.

The characters were so rich to me. In the beginning I hated the mother, but she was redeemed for me by the end.

For me I know it was a good, well written book when I am so into the characters that I start crying for them. Not just in sadness, but in their small triumphs as well.

Okay, I do cry easy and I do tend to fall into a book and live with the characters, but I didn't just tear up with this one, I sobbed. I actually had a headache from sobbing. I was so mentally fatigued after finishing this Saturday that I couldn't read the tearjerker bday card from my Mom to me. I was just drained.

I love books like that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment