Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Thousand Voices by Lisa Wingate

Another hit!!!

In this book a grown up Dell, a character from the other stories in this series, goes searching for the truth about her biological father and during the search stumbles upon a family of Native Americans that befriend her and help in her search.

I love these series that keep characters going. Its like you can check back in with old friends and see how their life is going.

I think the book was fantastic. I think that the portrayal of Dell as still being unsure of her adoptive parents love. She didn't tell them of the journey for fear they would be upset. She still has the feeling she has to be perfect to "earn" their love. I think in this book of the series there was less of that than in the books where she was younger. However it seems to still be something she feels.

My only gripe was the ending. It didn't feel like it was all resolved and I believe this is the last in the series. I need to check that to be sure though.

If I were grading this book I would say B+, it would have been an A if there were more of an ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment