Monday, March 2, 2009

The Senator's Wife by Sue Miller

I guess this story really wasn't what I expected. I can't really say what I expected, but it wasn't this. That being said I would not say it is a bad book. I did enjoy it in parts, but it was a little strange.

Meri and Nathan move to a new city next door to Delia, the senator's wife. The story focuses on the two women. I thought Meri the younger woman was bordering on psycho. Delia was very nice, but aloof.

The Senator was a real ladies man which caused a rift in the marriage and left Delia living on her own, but still in love with her husband. I really felt sorry for Delia as she really was taking scraps from her husband and was grateful for them.

This book was on my TBR list so I'm glad to cross it off, but I would not say it was a great book. It was okay, if I were giving a grading scale I would say a C.

No comments:

Post a Comment