Thursday, April 2, 2009

Booking Through Thursday

How often do you use your public library and how do you use it? Has the coffeehouse/bookstore replaced the library? Did you go to the library as a child? Do you have any particular memories of the library? Do you like sleek, modern, active libraries or the older, darker, quiet, cozy libraries?

I saw this on http://belleofthebooks.wordpress.com/, and had to answer it I love musing on this! I am so excited to have found all these wonderful book blogs! I'm not alone in my passion of books.

I use the public library fairly frequently but mainly just for books on CD. I usually reserve them ahead of time. I have my TBR's on an excel spreadsheet and have it marked if my library offers it on CD, I don't purchase those books.

Actually the online bookstores have replaced my library. I love barnesandnoble.com; they have terrific bargain books. I really like having a large library of books at home, so I do like to buy them.

As I child I spent a lot of time at the library. My Mom said she began taking us there when I was a baby. I had three older brothers and money was always tight so it was an inexpensive afternoon and we all seemed to enjoy it. As I got older I remember riding my bike the mile plus to the library, I had to ride up this HUGE hill to get there, but coming home down the hill was fun!

As for the type of libraries I like, I like them all. Give me rooms of books piled high and I am in love. My dream is to have a big library room, you know like in the old movies where its two stories high full of bookshelves with one of those sliding ladders. Aahh, sounds like heaven to me. Unfortunately I will never be rich enough so its just a dream.



No comments:

Post a Comment