Monday, May 11, 2009

Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult

I'm trying to get caught up on my reviews. So I'm starting with the last book I read.

All of her books are very educational about different diseases and social issues. I really enjoyed all the characters and for a change was more ambivalent about the outcome.

The mother of the OI daughter I thought was sympathetic and I understood why she was suing, trying to make sure that her daughter would always have the care she needed. However I think that she was wrong to do so. I do think that our society is way to litigious now. I also think that to blindside her best friend was inexcusable.

As always she has a twist, but to be honest after so many of her books, it was a twist I expected. Her books don't bring the reactions out of me that they used to, mainly because you see them coming.

Overall I did think it was a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment